Job Opening: Email resumes to or come in person to fill out an application. 2526 Western Ave, West Orange.
Salary Range: Depending On Experience
Under general supervision, perform a variety of basic administrative and accounting duties as well as on-going project assignments for the Water Control and Improvement District #2.
• Provide excellent customer service. Answer phone/routes calls to appropriate personnel. Greet walk in customers. Answer questions, respond to requests, collect/post payments, issue receipts, take information and follow up with appropriate action, distribute forms and assist with investigation and resolution of customer concerns.
• Enter data and make corrections to customer accounts and balance monies collected and turned into the Billing Coordinator. Set up new customer accounts, review reports, make corrections and perform updates, letters, and notices.
• Perform a variety of administrative/accounting duties related to the rental of fire hydrant meters. Meet with renters to complete hydrant meter rental paperwork. Maintain customer logs of meters rented and returned. Enter data into the billing system software for the Water Department. Enter, maintain, and modify permanent data records such as customer service calls.
• Run reports as needed.
• Assist with the preparation of annual reports.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Office Manager or Superintendent.
• Participate in cross training; serve as back-up for the Billing Coordinator.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Ability to interpret and apply District policies and procedures related to Water Department Operation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software and general office equipment.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to recognize that a process is not efficient or effective, take appropriate steps to identify a solution.
• Excellent data entry and record keeping skills.
• Ability to analyze and edit reports, perform system updates, transmit electronic data, and produce documents such as sales receipts, letters, and/or reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.